NAMURU GPS RECEIVER VERSION 1B
The GPS Receiver shown in the picture below is the NAMURU Version 1B. This fully functional L1 only GPS receiver design can provide any number of channels of parallel tracking, up to the limit of the logic capacity in the FPGA.
The NAMURU V1B Receiver board with L1 down converter RF shield.
The GPS receiver function is embedded in the Altera Cyclone 2C35 FPGA and is constructed on a multi-layer printed circuit board. The outputs from the receiver are available through a group of interface options described below.
The block diagram below (Figure 1) shows the main receiver board functions.
GPS OPERATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
||L1 frequency (1575.42MHz), C/A code DSSS
|POSITION ACCURACY (Std)
||10 metres (CEP)
|POSITION ACCURACY (DGPS)
||1 metre (CEP)
||Cold start: 110 seconds
Warm start: 45 seconds
Hot start: 11 seconds
|Re-Acquisition after loss
||NMEA 0183 V2.01 with GGA, RMC, GSV & GSA
||1 per second
|RTCM Differential corrections:
||RTCM-SC104 Msg types 1, 2 & 9-3
Note:These are typical target values for this platform.
||Altera Cyclone II EP2C35F484C8 with EPCS16 16-Mbit flash serial configuration device
||2x RS232 channels up to 38.4KB
1 x 40 pin general purpose header (5 volt tolerent)
1 x 16 pin general purpose header (5 volt tolerent)
JTAG FPGA programming & diagnostic port
ASMI Serial flash programming port
||8 MBytes SDRAM
32K Bytes SRAM (battery backed)
|SWITCHES & LEDS
2 General purpose Red LEDs
2 General purpose Green LEDs
4 User option jumpers (scope points)
||DS1338 clock chip w/ Battery backup
40MHz FPGA clock (LVDS feed from RF front end chip)
||1575.42MHz GPS L10 using GP2015
||SMA 50 ohm
||12 Volts DC @ 200mA max
||190mm x 92mm
THE GPS RECEIVER DEVELOPMENT KIT
The NAMURU Version 1B receiver (GPS410V1B) as described above, is supplied as a fully working 12 channel GPS receiver development kit. Technical details can be downloaded from this site, see below.
The supplied kit contains the following:
- Fully working GPS Receiver board.
- Access to the FTP site for all documents, source code and Quartus projects.
When you purchase a receiver, you will be granted access to the full source code and information on the FTP site is as follows:
- Receiver schematic diagrams.
- Bill of materials.
- FPGA logic design as commented Verilog source code.
- A Quartus II project to be used as a reference design.
- NIOS II component interface code for all peripherals.
- GPS software for acquiring and tracking satellites is supplied in C soirce code.
- PC based software to monitor the receiver (requires MS Windows)
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS KIT:
To work with this development kit, you will need a copy of the Altera FPGA development tools used in the design of this receiver as follows:
- The Altera Quartus II FPGA development package which includes logic synthesis, place & route, timing analysis, signal trace facilities and many more. This is a feature rich system providing the designer with a very integrated platform to go from HDL source to the silicon. The web edition can downloaded FREE from Altera.
- The NIOS II integrated Development Environment (IDE) based on the well known Eclipse platform
that many software developers are familiar with. This allows the compilation and debugging of C and C++ source code for the NIOS processor. This is also available FREE from the Altera web site.
- An FPGA download cable called a "Terasic blaster" purchased from Tarasic's web site HEREor a "USB Blaster" purchased from Altera's web site HERE
Note: The FREE web version of the Altera tools software will allow you to fully develop and debug your Namuru system, but you must keep the JTAG download cable connected between your PC and the Namuru board. To generate code to use the Namuru receiver in "stand-alone" mode, you must purchase a full license from Altera.
We have chosen not to ship the receiver with a power supply for 2 reasons: firstly the mains voltage and plug systems vary greatly between countries and secondly it keeps the shipping weight down.
You will therefore need a 7 to 12 DC power supply at 350mA with no antenna connected. Typically 390mA with an active antenna connected. Power input to the board is through a 2 mm (centre positive) jack. A typical plug pack power supply is normally OK.
The original NAMURU V1B receiver is currently out of stock. A new production run with a new higher performance design will begin in 2008. You can place a back order for this product now. So if you want one, place an order to enter the queue and you will be kept up to date by e-mail.
We ship by FedEx International Priority unless otherwise specified This allows you (and us) to track the package online.
Shipping weight of package is approximately 0.5Kg
Shipping dimensions of package is 170mm x 250mm x 50mm.
HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER
You can ONLY order online using our web based ordering service.
The ordering process uses the following easy steps:
- Create an account, enter your billing and shipping address details
- Place your order using our online ordering service
- International freight cost is included in the price
- Local taxes and clearance fees at your location are your responsibility
- You will be notified by e-mail with an invoice including payment instructions
- Follow the payment instructions to make your payment as soon as possible
- After payment is received, your shipment will be dispatched
- You will be notified by e-mail of the dispatch with tracking number
Please note our terms and conditions:
- We do not provide credit facilities
- We do not give quotes (no RFQ's), all prices are available online
- We ONLY provide an international online ordering service
- NO taxes are added to orders outside New Zealand
- Delivery is from stock unless indicated otherwise
- Shipping times may vary according to the carrier
- Product warranty is 1 year on a return to factory basis
For registration and online ordering please click HERE .
Various information is available from our download section. Please click HERE