Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I place an order for a product ?
First you must create an account on this site which allows you to enter all your details relating to invoicing and delivery. Then you click on the products tab and place you order.
- Can I get a formal quote ?
We don't normally provide formal quotes because all prices are on our web site and you order online. However, we realise that some organisations require this so we can generate this on request.
- What is supplied in the Namuru GPS receiver package ?
1. The Namuru GPS receiver
2. A USB cable
3. Connectors for the Namuru serial ports.
- What is not supplied in the Namuru GPS receiver package ?
1. Power supply and cable
2. Antenna and cable
3. Serial cable to your PC
4. All software, you must download this from the internet.
- Why is there no CDROM or DVD included in the Namuru package ?
We don't ship this with the Namuru receiver package because the latest software is only available from the internet. Because we are continually improving the software and converting to new versions of the tools, you will always get the latest version by downloading it.
- How do I get the software package that is supplied for the Namuru GPS receiver ?
When you place your order through our web site and make your payment, you will receive a link to the place on our web site to download the full Namuru software package. You must use this link to download the software.
- What is the difference between the software loaded into the Namuru flash and the GPL software ?
The flash code is our professional GNSS receiver development package called Navcode2. This is available as a separate product. This is a much more stable and robust version of the receiver code. It is loaded into the Namuru flash for testing during manufacture and remains there for demonstration.
- What is the delivery time ?
If the product is listed as available in our products section then we can ship from stock. We ship by FedEx International Priority which allows delivery to you within 2 or 3 days.
- Where can I find the most useful technical information about the Namuru GPS receiver ?
There are a number of technical documents and academic papers that can be accessed from the download section of this site. For more detailed technical discussion please join our forum.
- Can the Namuru GPS receiver be customised to suit a special application ?
Yes. We can make it any shape, size or colour you want. Contact us for your special requirements.
- What is the warranty on your products ?
We provide a 1 year return to factory warranty. That means if you suspect that the product is faulty you contact us and return it to us where we will repair it. You pay the cost of freight and any insurance.
- What is the cost of freight ?
International freight cost is included in the price of most products unless specified.
- If I buy a receiver with IMU, do you supply the algorithms to use the IMU module with the GPS functions ?
We provide you with all the hardware and code to read the IMU and store the measurements. Its up to you how you use these measurements.
- If I buy the IMU version of the receiver is it also possible to use it without the IMU functions ?
Yes the central programming element on the receiver is a large FPGA, so you can re-program it to do anything you want.
- Do you supply the PCB design files ?
No we do not supply the PCB design files, only the schematic. The reason is that the PCB layout is very critical to the operation of the receiver. If you use our design files to make a modified PCB layout, and it does not work, we will be partly responsible. Naturally there will be many questions. It is better to ask us to design a PCB for you, we have the experience.
- Can we buy a GPS antenna from you ?
We don't normally stock GPS antennas. This because there is a large range of these available and everyone has different applications. We could not possibly stock enough antennas to supply these needs. We can supply a suitable antenna which we can buy in for you, however there is a lead time and extra cost. We recommend that you buy your antenna from one of the many antenna suppliers.
- Why don't you deliver a power supply with the Namuru receiver ?
Because there are so many different power outlet plug types that it would be a huge task to have a power supply available for each country. It is easier for you to supply your own power either from a plug pack or bench supply. You can even use a 12V battery.
- Do you have adapter cables to allow other types of connectoins to the on-board MCX antenna conectors ?
We don't normally stock adapter cables, but we can make them up on request. There is a lead time and extra cost. Contact us with your requirement.